Sunday, February 18, 2007

Be the change you wish to see.

So, I have been doing some critiquing of my blog lately based on feedback and my own personal exploration of blogs out there, and I realize that there is a huge, important factor from my forum. My voice! I’ve been writing this more like I was writing an article and less like I am having a conversation with you.

Well, this is me clearing my throat.

Bear with me as I try this out – I am hoping that we’ll connect a little better as you realize that I, like you, am constantly dealing with challenges and obstacles when it comes to life and wellness.

Today’s challenge? A major case of the blah’s!
I came to this realization about my blog this morning, while I was mulling around, drinking my coffee this morning, answering emails, perusing the news and checking in with my favorite blogs. It’s a chilly, windy Sunday here in Miami (yes, 56 degrees is now chilly for me - my blood has thinned out since I left NYC!) and I’m feeling rather blah :-P

I was sitting here thinking, “hmmm.. maybe I will just be a total slouch today and wallow in my blahness”. But then I looked at the quote that’s posted on my bulletin board that says:

Be the change you wish to see.
I don’t want to feel like this, so I am taking actions I know will make me feel better: I put on my favorite CD and now I’m gearing up and lacing up my sneakers to go for a run outside. And I booked myself a massage (a complete self-indulgent act that is way out of my budget, but hey) for early in the evening.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but just by making the decision not to feel like this, I already feel better! The mind truly has so much power over our moods, emotions and bodies. Instead of denying how I felt, I just decided to recognize it and I believe I can change it.

(I’ll check in with you tonight to let you if I have truly cured my case of the blahs ;-)
Enjoy the day!
Update: After my massage, I am left with only two words: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. :-)